- This event has passed.
December 15, 2019 @ 10:00 am - December 16, 2019 @ 2:00 pmEGP4000
In this two-day workshop, you will learn the techniques of drawing to render an object or a piece to look three dimensional. Drawing is a foundational design skill every artist should include in their craft practice. Before working in metal or other materials to make a piece of jewelry, the idea and concept must first go through stages of drawing and rendering to understand better what exactly you are making. This workshop is for all skill levels of artists and designers interested in learning how to render a drawing to look three dimensional. You will also learn the technique of drawing a piece from different points of view, called orthographic drawing- a very professional skill to have when designing for a client or a commission or even just for yourself.
**Students should bring a piece of jewelry they have made to reference for drawing. Something such as a hollow ring or bracelet- basic form.
- Introduction to course and materials
- Begin with shading exercises- handouts included with examples
- Discussion on types of mark making, direction of light, shadow of surfaces, how to show the type of material using mark making and cast shadows
- Move to grey tone paper, practice shading forms with white and black charcoal pencils using the grey paper as a middle tone.
- Discuss pieces students brought for the workshop- how do we translate this into a rendered drawing?
- Perspective drawing day
- Using handouts and lengthy demonstration on orthographic drawing (drawing in 3 different perspectives using graph paper)
- Practice 1-2 drawings of basic hollow rings in the orthographic drawing method
- Students do a fully rendered drawing of their piece of jewelry they brought with them, using orthographic perspective drawing and rendering learned in the first day. The drawings will be a replica of their pieces if done well.
- Discussion on the outcomes
Workshop dates: 15 December – 16 December, 2019
Workshop time: 2 days (Sun-Mon) from 10am-2pm
Fees for Egyptians: LE 4,000 Fees for Non-Egyptians: USD 320
*Fees exclude bank transfer charges
Location: The Designs Studio by Azza Fahmy
Cancellation policy: In order to confirm your place in our courses, full payment is required before the start of any course. In case of cancellation and refund, please read the below policies:
If cancelled 10 days before the course start date, 70% will be refunded from payment.
If cancelled 7 days before the course start date, 30% will be refunded from payment.
If cancelled less than one week, 100% will be nonrefundable.
All requests for cancellation are requested to be made through email at firstname.lastname@example.org then you will be contacted to move forward with remaining processes.
These policies are made to ensure that each person gets the equal opportunity to attend our courses. We highly appreciate your understanding.
Deadline: 10 December, 2019